Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tonight, an Invite, and Opening Discussion

Tonight, I will be posting my final commentary about the Constitution in The Speechwriter. I understand that the topics of government, the Constitution, and our future has little to do with Speech, Rhetoric, and Persuasion, and I will be shifting the focus of this blog back to those topics next week.

This evening, though, I hope to lend credence to my concerns by discussing "change." Yesterday, I made a point that our country was no longer recognizable as the country that Hamilton wrote about in The Federalist Papers. Obviously, I was speaking more to the philosophy of government than actual progress we've made as a society. But, in that essay, there remains a vagueness which I must address. It will conclude a "trilogy of thought" and will bring the discussion to a logical ending by looking deeper at the problem.

For me, however, the thought-process is never-ending regarding this issue. I've spent three sleepless nights mulling over the issues that our country faces. And, like Hamilton, I find no greater satisfaction than thinking and writing about my cause.

As a result, I am going to be creating a new blog that will tackle a project that I believe is worthwhile. I will elaborate more upon my intentions in the new blog itself. It will be a private blog, and the only people who will be able to read and participate are those who have been invited. Everyone who is a follower of The Speechwriter at this time has an open invitation to join my new blog if you are interested in being a part of it.

Please email me at mark@markhoneycutt.com if you wish to be invited. I have to send an invitation request to you in order to make this happen.

In that blog, I will open up discussion so that you can give me feedback on what I write. Your feedback is important to me because the essays I will be writing are hopefully going to be published as a collection. What greater way to approach a publisher than with the statement that the essays have been peer-reviewed. This is why I do not wish to make it a public document.

There is never any guarantee that a publisher will accept a project. However, what motivates me is the relevancy of the issues I will be discussing. Listening to the radio and news, you will see that the topic is at the heart of debate among many people. As a citizen of the United States, I believe it is well within my right to make my case. And as an educated person who understands the issues we face, I believe it is my responsibility.

I hope to hear back from some of you regarding your desire to participate.

No comments: